Why are Priority Points Important?
WEFTEC Exhibit space is assigned according to an exhibitor’s earned priority points during onsite (advance) sales, second advance round, and during booth moves. During general sales, contracts received are assigned space on a date-received basis.
How are Points Earned?
Exhibitors can earn points as follows:
- 1 point per year for exhibiting at WEFTEC
- 1 point per year for being a WEF Exhibitor Member
- 1 point per show for exhibiting at WEF Specialty Conferences (Collection Systems, Innovations in Process Engineering, Odors and Air Pollutants, Public Health, Residuals and Biosolids, Stormwater Summit, etc.)
- 1 point per show for exhibiting in WEF's WIN Pavilion program
- Exhibitors who received 1 point for transferring a WEFTEC 2020 booth deposit to WEFTEC 2021 then subsequently:
- Cancelled prior to contracting space and refunded – 1 point removed
- Cancelled prior to contracting space and money kept on file – no points removed/awarded
- Cancelled after contracting space, cancellation fee applied and remaining monies refunded – 1 point removed
- Cancelled after contracting space, cancellation fee applied, and remaining monies transferred to WEFTEC 2022 – no points removed/awarded
Can Points be Lost?
As a result of the pandemic, WEF did not remove any points for companies who did not exhibit at WEFTEC 2021 or WEFTEC 2020's online event, except for actions executed by companies outlined in the above priority point policy. Companies could still earn points during 2020 and 2021, based on their above actions.
In 2022, WEF resumed its normal priority point removal policy: All accrued points will be removed from an exhibitor's record if the exhibitor misses two consecutive WEFTEC shows. If a company last exhibited at WEFTEC 2018, WEFTEC 2019, or WEFTEC 2020 (online event), they must exhibit at WEFTEC 2022 to retain their points. If a company last exhibited at WEFTEC 2021, they could miss exhibiting at WEFTEC 2022, yet would have to exhibit at WEFTEC 2023 to retain their points.
Exhibitors may lose 1 point per infraction for failure to adhere to show policy such as exhibitor display out of compliance with show regulations. Exhibitors will lose 5 points per infraction for early tear-down.
Mergers and Acquisitions: When a WEFTEC exhibiting company is part of a merger or acquisition, the acquired company may transfer its higher priority points to the acquiring company. To do so, legal documentation must be presented to WEF that shows all assets were sold to the acquiring company, including booth points. Once received, WEF can transfer the points to the acquiring company. The new points will supersede the acquiring company’s existing points, if any. Points cannot be combined.