This year the WEFTEC Bookstore will host two authors to sign copies of their books. Visitors also can take advantage of expert demonstrations of Access Water, the Water Environment Federation’s technical content platform. On top of that, 16 new or updated water quality titles will be on display and available for purchase.
Two authors will visit the bookstore to sign copies of their books and meet with you.
Laura Schwartz, Opening General Session Speaker and WEFTEC Emcee will take a break from her on-stage and on-camera duties to sign copies of her book, Eat, Drink and Succeed: Climb Your Way to the Top Using the Networking Power of Social Events. She will be in the Bookstore beginning at 1:15 p.m. on Monday, October 18.
Richard Lanyon, author of three books related to water projects around Chicago, will be on hand Tuesday at 2 p.m. His books include
- Calumet: First and Forever: Draining the South Area of Chicago and Territorial Expansion,
- Building the Canal to Save Chicago,
- West by Southwest to Stickney: Draining the Central Area of Chicago and Exorcising Clout, and
- Draining Chicago: The Early City and the North Area.
“We have been quite busy during the last few years updating several of our manuals of practice as well as creating new and better training materials to ensure that the water sector has the most updated information,” said Lorna Ernst, Senior Director of Publishing for WEF. “We’re especially proud to present our Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals titles to ensure operators receive the best possible training with vetted and trusted materials.”
New book releases include
- Disaster and Emergency Planning for Preparedness, Response, and Recovery (2nd edition);
- Energy in Water Resource Recovery Facilities (Manual of Practice 32, 2nd edition);
- Planning, Design, and Implementation for New and Upgraded Water Resource Recovery Facilities (Manual of Practice 28, 2nd edition);
- Safety, Health, and Security Standards for Water Resource Recovery (Manual of Practice 1, 7th edition);
- Wastewater Collection Systems Management (Manual of Practice 7, 7th edition);
- Industrial Water Reclamation and Reuse to Minimize Liquid Discharge;
- The Energy Roadmap: A Water and Wastewater Utility Guide to More Sustainable Energy Management (French);
- Odor Emissions and Control for Collections Systems and Water Resource Recovery Facilities (Manual of Practice 25; 2nd Edition);
- Peracetic Acid Disinfection-Implementation Considerations for Water Resource Recovery Facilities;
- Stormwater, Watershed and Receiving Water Quality Modeling;
- Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals I—Liquid Treatment (Chinese);
- Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals I—Liquid Treatment (Spanish);
- Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals I—Liquid Treatment (Vietnamese);
- Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals II—Solids Handling and Support Systems;
- Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals II—Solids Handling and Support Systems (Spanish); and
- Wastewater Treatment Fundamentals II—Solids Handling and Support Systems Operator Certification Study Questions.
New Location & Hours
This year the Bookstore has a new location in Hall A at McCormick Place near the main entrances to the Exhibition.
- Sunday, October 17, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- , October 18, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- , October 19, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- , October 20, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Access Water Demonstrations
Visitors also can request an expert demonstration of Access Water, a powerful tool that houses more than 20,000 pieces of WEF’s content, including conference papers, fact sheets, magazine articles, technical reports, and WEF’s technical publications, including WEF’s industry-leading MOPs.
“Using a tool like Access Water has the potential to put almost any water-quality answer at your fingertips,” according to Andrea Cale, Senior Manager of Publishing at WEF. Cale will be on hand in the Bookstore throughout WEFTEC to give expert demonstrations on how to use Access Water.