The New Orleans Morial Convention Centerdoes not provide storage for crates or freight of any kind. Exhibitors must make arrangements with the general contractor for storage of crates and other packing materials. NOTHING may be stored behind booths. All packing containers, wrapping materials, carrying cases, etc., must be stored off the exhibit floor.
NOENMCC inspects all exhibits to ensure compliance. Please contact the general contractor for assistance regarding storage.
In addition to equipment and furniture placed within a booth space, Exhibitors can stage the following items:
- Boxed or loose product, materials or literature
- Personal items such as luggage, purses, briefcases or coats
The following restrictions must be observed when staging these additional items:
- Combustible materials such as brochures, literature, give-aways, etc., within exhibit booths are limited to a one day supply.
- Items may be placed either in a display case, on a counter, on a shelving unit, in a closet, or under a table.
- Items that are placed under a table must not protrude outside the table dimensions.
- Items may not be placed behind drape within the booth,
- Pallets, empty crates, cartons and boxes may not be stored in the booth space.
Emergency Equipment and Exits
No equipment, booths, signs, displays or other items can block or obstruct any emergency phones, alarms, sprinkler valves, or hose connection. No furnishings, decorations, or other booth objects can obstruct exits, access to exits, or visibility of emergency exits. The path of travel to exits may not be blocked by furniture or any other moveable objects. NOMCC reserves the right to request battery-operated exit signs to structures that obstruct the view to any exit.
Decorations and Stage Scenery: Combustible materials must be treatedwith an effective flame retardant. Stage settings made of combustible materials must also be treated with flame retardant material. Only non-combustible materials or fire-retardant wood may be used for stage scenery or props. All curtains, drapes, carpet, carpet padding, and decorative materials must be made of flame-retardant materials or sprayed with a flame retardant. The New Orleans Morial Convention Center rigorously enforces this regulation and may field flame test any questionable materials.
OSHA requires that all containers of hazardous materials be labeled and display appropriate warnings.
- Exhibitors displaying or using hazardous materials must submit Material Safety Data Sheets and manifests to the NOENMCC no later than August 3, 2022.
Any container not clearly labeled and identified will be removed from within the NOENMCC, tested, and disposed of at exhibitor’s expense.
Fluids, chemicals, petroleum-based products, medical and biological waste, hazardous waste, and contaminated materials must be identified and disposed of in the manner mandated by federal, state, and local regulations.
Arrangements for the disposal of wastes can be made through the general contractor. Exhibitor is responsible for all disposal costs.
- Flammable compressed gases, such as propane and butane.
- Flammable liquids, such as kerosene, gasoline, mineral sprits, etc.
- Firearms are strictly prohibited.
Exhibitors should not leave valuables or personal items (laptops, cell phones, purses, cameras, briefcases, etc.) on tabletops, behind booth drape, or in any unsecured areas of the exhibit. Please remove all such items from the building at the close of show each day. During move-out, please do not leave your booth unattended until all of your display materials have been packed and crated.