With strong public health protocols in place, we look forward to welcoming you to WEFTEC 2021, October 16 to 20.
UPDATED AUGUST 23, 2021
The situation with COVID-19 and the variants is constantly changing. The one thing that has not changed is the Water Environment Federation’s commitment to the health and safety of our members and the broader water sector.
Because of this unwavering commitment to protecting and preserving public health, every individual who participates in WEFTEC 2021 in Chicago will be required to:
1. Provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- This can be done either in advance (DEADLINE: 5:00 pm EDT October 8!) by uploading an image of vaccination documentation to Safe Expo's secure portal or onsite by presenting a hard copy of your documentation to a Safe Expo representative for verification.
- Copies of vaccination documentation uploaded in advance are NOT stored. Once verified, the images are deleted.
- WEF will NOT have access to your health information.
2. Provide proof they obtained a negative COVID-19 test result within 48-hours of arriving at registration to pickup their badge.
- Test results will be verified onsite only.
3. Wear a well-fitting, properly positioned face mask when visiting the exhibition, attending sessions and meetings, riding shuttle buses, and engaging with other participants at WEFTEC functions.
The City of Chicago and Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) announced effective August 20, 2021, that face masks are required in all indoor public settings regardless of vaccination status. The CDC also recommends people wear face masks in public, indoor settings to help prevent the spread of coronavirus variants and to help protect each other.
MORE BELOW (scroll down): complete Right of Entry – Verification Process and Face Mask information, and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Please check back here frequently for future updates. We recognize that the situation and prevailing laws, regulations, recommendations, and guidelines issued by the United States (federal), the State of Illinois, Cook County, and the City of Chicago governments, authorities and health agencies may continue to evolve through WEFTEC 2021. For example, several U.S. cities have recently implemented vaccination mandates for public gatherings like WEFTEC. If the City of Chicago implements a vaccine mandate, WEF will comply with those terms. Preparation for this scenario is another reason we strongly encourage all WEFTEC 2021 participants to get vaccinated well ahead of WEFTEC.
We thank you for your commitment to protecting the health and well-being of your fellow WEFTEC participants and look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
Resources to assist you with your travel, health and safety inquires:
- CDC guidelines for domestic travel
- CDC travel recommendations by destination
- CDC COVID Data Tracker
- CDPH Reopening Chicago guidance
- CDPH COVID Dashboard
- Healthy Meetings Chicago online experience, simulating what you may experience upon arrival in Chicago and at McCormick Place
If you are traveling to Chicago from outside of the continental U.S., please review and note the requirements and restrictions that may impact your plans: