2016 Call for Abstracts
WEF is pleased to announce that the Program Committee is now accepting abstracts for WEFTEC 2016! Please take a moment and read through the Call for Abstracts
as it has undergone some minor modifications (including in the topic area). Then make sure you take minute to look at the abstract requirements and guidelines
. This will help you submit a good abstract. Abstracts are due by December 1, 2015 at 11:59pm EST.
WEFTEC 2016 Workshop
Interested in creating a Workshop for WEFTEC 2016? Start the process now! Full proposal forms are due November 9, 2015.
Pre-proposals were due September 8. If you did not submit one, don’t worry - you can still submit a full workshop proposal. However, we highly encourage you to involve the relevant WEFTEC Workshop Review Committee member. If you don’t know who that is, please reach out to Mary Ann Linder at firstname.lastname@example.org
for contact details.
The full proposal takes some time, thought, and effort to develop. There are several forms to read and fill out. To help you along the process, here is a quick glance at the various steps:
- Read this brief document on how to create an interactive session. Interactivity is one of the most critical components of a good workshop.
- Read the updated scoring matrix, so you know what you will be judged on.
- Download the full proposal form. This takes a bit more time and thought. There are many forms to read and fill out. The first step is to read all of the materials. Then begin working on the actual proposal form.
- Confirm your facilitators (i.e. speakers) and make sure you have them fill out a facilitator confirmation form. Please submit these with the proposal form.
- Verify that the WEF Technical Committee recommendation form will be coming directly from the Committee itself (not the proposal developer!).
- By November 9, send your completed proposal forms and facilitator confirmations to email@example.com. The Committee recommendation forms should come directly from the Committee itself.
If you have questions, email Mary Ann Linder at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-684-2442.