Abstract Requirements and Guidelines
Abstract Guidelines/Formatting Tips:
is a word count limit of 1100! The minimum word count is 250 words. This
corresponds to a minimum of 1 page and a maximum of approximately 5-6 pages,
double-spaced, with 1 inch margins in a Word document.
- Your references and sources will NOT count towards the
limit as they will be entered in a separate field.
- Graphics/photos must be uploaded separately.
- It is recommended (not required) that images and tables be no more than
650 pixels wide and 900 pixels high. Simple images/tables can be on the smaller
side of the recommended pixels and the more complex it is, the image MAY need
to be larger than the recommended size. Use preview tab to see how it will appear to reviewers.
- You will have to answer the following question in 75 words or less: What
are the main purpose and conclusions of your work?
are individual fields for the title, authors and keywords. Please enter these separate
from the body of the abstract. If you do not do this, they will count towards
your limit in the word count.
- You must copy and paste the body of
your abstract into the online system. There
is no option to upload a complete document with text and images.
- Do not include any headers or footers in your document,
as it won’t translate into the online system.
- The online system will strip all formatting from your abstract.
You can add it back into your abstract, and instructions are included
in that step on the submission site. Plan on keeping the formatting simple as it makes the process easier.
- Do not put your document in a
PDF, as it won’t copy and paste correctly into the online system.
- Abstracts must clearly define the objectives, status, methodology, findings, and significance of the investigation or study.
- Submissions on hot topics, regulatory issues, and new water or wastewater technologies are especially welcome.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual, company, organization, or institution.
- Each abstract should be submitted one time only. Duplicate abstracts
will be discounted. Do not submit
the same abstract or a very similar one to different topics.
- Membership in WEF is not a requirement for submission and/or presentation.
- All participants must register for WEFTEC 2017 and are responsible for their travel and lodging expenses and registration fees for the conference.
- Registration will open in April 2017.
The official language of WEFTEC 2017 is English.
Final acceptance is
contingent on receipt of a completed paper and submission of copyright forms by
ALL co-authors by the end of June 2017.
Use these sample abstracts for content guidance. Please note that most formatting is stripped from abstracts upon entry into the online abstract submission system, so we have no recommended formatting guidelines other than what is listed above.
Sample Technical Abstract 1 (PDF)
Sample Technical Abstract 2 (PDF)
Sample Non-Technical Abstract (PDF)