Leading Edge Research and Innovation at WEFTEC
Innovation and implementation of new technology in the water environment sector is derived from fundamental research conducted at universities as well as more applied research conducted by practitioners associated with consulting engineers, utilities, industries, and governmental agencies. Research that represents collaborative efforts among these groups often leads to compelling programming that you can experience at WEFTEC.
WEFTEC also features an Innovation Pavilion with sessions and startup companies.
INNOVATIVE RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS:
- Alternative Sidestream Nitrogen Removal
- Mainstream Shortcut Nitrogen Removal Technologies
- Granular Sludge Processes
- Dissolved Organic Nitrogen Issues
- Greenhouse Gases from Wastewater Systems
- Anaerobic Processes Resource Recovery