WEFTEC Connect Code of Conduct
WEF is committed to providing a professional, safe, and welcoming environment during its in-person and virtual events for all water professionals and their guests. WEF expects all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, media, and other participants to uphold our commitment to diversity and inclusion by helping us provide a positive conference environment for everyone.
WEF has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. WEF will take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and WEF reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, WEF asks that you immediately email the WEF Executive Director Walter Marlowe.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Negative comments about race/ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, physical appearance, citizenship, or other protected categories
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations
- Threatening, stalking, or endangerment of others
- Any activity meant to cultivate hostility, ad hominem insults or other attacks
We do not tolerate the following:
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, exhibitions, or at other events organized by WEF throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any WEF virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. WEF reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of any technical presentations, exhibitor showcase demonstration, Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.