What is WEFTEC?
WEFTEC®, the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference, is the largest conference of its kind in North America and offers water quality professionals from around the world with the best water quality education and training available today.
Also recognized as the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world, the expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field; serves as a forum for domestic and international business opportunities; and promotes invaluable peer-to-peer networking among registrants.
WEFTEC has shown continual growth for both the technical program and exhibition. WEFTEC 2015, which was held in Chicago, set a new exhibition record and was the largest showing for WEF in the Windy City. WEFTEC 2016, which will be held in New Orleans, is expected to be another successful event.
WEFTEC 2016 will be held at New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans from Sept. 24-28, 2016.
Five Reasons Why YOU Should Attend WEFTEC:
Stay Competitive and Relevant in Your Profession. Attend the highest-quality, most comprehensive educational sessions available, featuring papers meticulously selected through a rigorous process that includes abstracts reviewed by an average of nine topic area experts.
Discover the Newest Innovation and Solutions. WEFTEC features the largest water quality exhibition in the world. With nearly 1,000 exhibiting companies, the expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field. WEFTEC exhibitors bring their very best technical experts and the latest equipment.
Access Global Business Opportunities. WEFTEC is your gateway to global water, wastewater, and resource recovery — and is the only water show selected to be a part of the U.S. Commercial Service International Buyer Program.
Make Valuable Connections. WEFTEC hosts more than 25,000 registrants from around the world and all sectors of water quality. Take advantage of opportunities to network with leaders in the field, as well as fellow registrants spanning all areas of the water quality sector. Additionally, more-focused events and sessions will help you connect with others seeking ideas and solutions in your topic area.
Bring Value to Your Company. WEFTEC is priced lower than any other water quality conference of its kind and features anything and everything today’s water professional needs to hear, learn, see, and experience in one location, at one event.
Who Comes to WEFTEC?
WEFTEC draws thousands of water and wastewater professionals from around the world each year, including:
- Collection Systems Managers
- District Managers
- Environmental Engineers/Chemists/Scientists
- Equipment Manufacturers and Representatives
- Executive Managers
- Industrial Water and Wastewater Treatment Professionals
- Local, State, and Federal Regulators
- Private Industry and Academia Researchers
- Public Officials
- Water and Wastewater Utility Managers
- Water and Wastewater Operators, and many more.
What Makes WEFTEC a Leading Source in Water Quality?
A wide range of topics and focus areas allow registrants to design their own, unique learning experience while earning up to 35 contact hours for continuing education units and 9 professional development hours. An increasing number of abstract submittals from experts in the water quality field results in a world-class technical program of technical sessions and workshops that addresses a diverse and comprehensive list of contemporary water and wastewater issues and solutions including:
- Collection Systems - Management, operations and maintenance, infrastructure, overflow reduction, wet weather planning, watershed approaches, and regulations
- Energy Conservation and Management - Resource recovery, combined heat and power, biogas optimization
- Membrane Technologies - Application in wastewater and water reuse, innovations, enhanced performance, regulatory compliance
- Plant Operations and Treatment - Innovations, technologies, processes, and proven solutions in water and wastewater treatment; including nutrient removal and odor control
- Regulations - CMOM/SSO Rules, TMDL/Watershed Rules, Nutrient Trading, and NPDES Phase II
- Research - Leading edge process applications in water and wastewater treatment and recent developments
- Residuals & Biosolids - Incineration, disposal, reuse through land application, research, regulations, politics, and public perception
- Stormwater - Treatment, green infrastructure, wet weather management, modeling
- Utility Management - Asset Management and financial planning for infrastructure, technology, regulatory compliance, and security; including environmental management systems (EMS)
- Water Reuse/Recycling - Research, regulations, emerging technologies, proven processes
- Water Quality & Watershed Management - Stormwater, wet weather, and watershed issues
Since its formation in 1928, WEF has been holding annual meetings to provide a forum for knowledge and technology exchange within the water and wastewater fields. Since then, WEFTEC has not only grown in the size of exhibits and technical sessions, but has become one of the world’s leading water quality conferences.
In 1941, the then-known Annual Conference featured 5 sessions, 13 technical papers and an attendance of 556. By the 1970s, attendance had grown to 8,716 and featured 37 sessions with 146 technical papers. Growing steadily throughout the past four decades, the conference continues to set new technical program and exhibition records each year.
Renamed WEFTEC in 1994 to increase both domestic and international recognition, WEF’s annual exhibition has been ranked in the top 1% of all trade shows in North America for the past five years and counting!
With all that WEFTEC has to offer it is the clear choice for anyone interested in learning and sharing more about the latest in water quality developments, research, regulations, solutions and cutting-edge technologies. Don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of the WEFTEC Experience today!