Employer Approval Tips
New in 2013: WEFTEC has reduced registration rates!
WEF recognizes that WEFTEC is a can't-miss-it event, and we want to help you be there. We have lowered costs and streamlined registration in almost every category to help make it easier for you to attend. Even with the lower costs, WEF recognizes that budgets are tight and under intense scrutiny, and it is no easy task to secure approval for a training event. Here are several tips to guide you in your request for approval to attend WEFTEC 2013:
- WEFTEC now offers access to the exhibition floor at no charge if you simply register online!
- With the huge variety of focus areas, WEFTEC 2013 is the most cost effective way to earn educational credits this year. Earn up to 1.2 CEUs at workshops, 16.5 PDHs in technical sessions, and 8 contact hours per day for time spent visiting the exhibition.
- Your organization is investing in you; provide details about what you will bring back from the event.
- What sessions will you attend and what immediate impact will they have on your work?
- What vendors will you visit on the exhibition floor and how will this help your organization?
- Which experts will you have access to and what knowledge would you bring back to share with your organization?
- Share more than your experience with your colleagues; the WEFTEC 2013 Proceedings is included in most registration categories. Approximately 8,000 pages of detailed information (not just PowerPoints), now available online, can be shared with your coworkers.
- Stay in the WEFTEC hotel block for additional savings.
Rob McElroy, General Manager of Daphne Utilities in Alabama, in conjunction with WEF’s Technical Programs department, developed a series of forms and instructional information to assist employees with the attendance approval process.
Watch our video, How To Get Approval To Attend WEFTEC, where Rob McElroy will provide you with insights and tips for preparing your attendance request to management. Smaller segments of this video are posted on the Water Environment Federation YouTube Channel.